|before baking (1)|
This pizza dough recipe never fails! It’s easy (I’ve never really used yeast before I found this recipe, so if I can do it, YOU CAN TOO!), and it’s yummy—best combo ever I’d say!
I decided to make half of the pizza BBQ chicken and half of it with Roasted veggies for more variety.
Basic Pizza Sauce recipe (for roasted veggie or any other toppings you like)
· 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
· 6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
· 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
· 1 teaspoon minced garlic
· 2 tablespoons honey
· 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
· 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
· 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
· 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
· salt to taste
1. Mix all ingredients well. (I skipped a couple items that I didn’t have, i.e. marjoram)
2. Let the sauce sit for at least 30min so the flavor can blend well
Basic Pizza Dough recipe (makes 2, I always refrigerate half and use it for another day. It can be refrigerate for up to 5 days.)
From Pioneer Woman
1. Sprinkle yeast over 1 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water. Let stand for a few minutes.
2. In a mixer, combine flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined, and the dough comes together in a sticky mass.
3. Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat dough in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set it aside for 1 to 2 hours, or store in the fridge until you need it. <Note: it’s best to make the dough at least 24 hours in advance, and 3 or 4 days is better.>
4. When you are ready to make the pizza, grab HALF the pizza dough (recipe makes 2 crusts) and squeeze the dough toward the bottom to form a nice, tight, pulled ball. You can roll out the pizza with a rolling pin if you’d like, but sometimes it’s just as easy to throw it around and pull and stretch till it feels right. And when the crust is nice and thin, lay it on an oiled baking sheet or pizza pan. Drizzle a little olive oil on the dough and spread it with your fingers. Very lightly sprinkle some salt on the crust.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Top your crust with your toppings of choice. Then bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.
|before baking (2)|
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
· 1/2 pizza dough recipe from above
· 2 chicken breast fillets
· BBQ sauce
· 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
· 8oz fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
· Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Slather the chicken breasts with BBQ sauce. Bake the chicken breasts with the sauce in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Cube the BBQ chicken.
3. Roll the pizza dough to desired shape and thickness. Arrange mozzarella cheese on it. Place thinly sliced red onion and BBQ chicken cubes on the cheese.
4. Drop some more BBQ sauce on the pizza. Place it in the oven and bake at 375°F for about 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and toppings are bubbly.
5. Garnish pizza with fresh cilantro.