i heart you background

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Blog Worthy—Message Approved by Cookie Monster and Ice Cream Muncher


*Disclaimer: this blog REALLY isn’t just about various kinds of chocolate chip cookies, I SWEAR.

“So did you get a picture for blogging before we finished it?” said Cookie Monster, wiping her mouth.

“No, well I wasn’t….”

“What! That was GOOD, blog worthy good! Why didn’t you take pictures?!”

So here I am, waking up “early” so I can get good day light for pictures. It is right now 12:59pm *cough*, I can proudly say I had been awake for a good…….30 minutes? It was an improvement from yesterday anyway!

I made these malted chocolate chip cookies (CCC) last night, because…well I guess we don’t need reasons for baking desserts, do we? They finally turned out right this time so I was super excited and made ice cream sandwiches out of them! Mmmmm. I also made myself a cup of malted milk last night before going to bed (To Noel: that’s why I had picked up milk last night at the market hehe). When can I ever lose my targeted 10 pounds I would never know :D

PS. I halved the recipe below which gave me 20 3.5inch cookies.


Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies

From Pioneer Woman

Ingredients

  • 1 cup (2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter, Softened
  • 3/4 cups Golden Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 cups Sugar
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 2 cups All-purpose Flour
  • 1-1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1-1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 cup (rounded) Malted Milk Powder
  • 1 bag (12 Ounce) Milk Chocolate Chips
Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Cream butter, then add both sugars and cream until fluffy. Add eggs and beat slightly, then add vanilla and beat until combined. Add malted milk powder and beat until combined.
  3. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating gently until just combined.
  4. Add chocolate chips and stir in gently.
  5. Drop by teaspoonfuls (or use a cookie scoop) and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Bake less if you want chewy cookies; more if you want crispy cookies.

  6. Optional: Allow to cool completely, then use two cookies to make an ice cream sandwich. Add sprinkles to the sides of the ice cream, then wrap individually in plastic wrap.
Tips

Based on experiences (both times), it only took my oven 10 minutes to make VERY CRISPY (right before it starts tasting like burnt) cookies. The baking time really does depend on the different ovens, and because these are very thin cookies they will burn, FAST. I’d say start checking them at 8 minutes.Use a cookie scoop and level off the top of the dough so they can all be the same size! I used chopped pecans for the sides of the ice cream sandwich because I didn’t have sprinkles—HEALTHIER substitute (?). Any nuts will do! We think they taste better than sprinkles.

-Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment