Here’s what I came up with this weekend—chewy matcha cookies with white chocolate chunks.
Chewy Matcha White Chocolate Cookies:
Makes about 16 3-inch cookies
· 1 stick butter, softened
· ¾ cup granulated sugar
· 1 cup + 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 egg yolk
· ½ egg white (I just eyeballed it)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· A little less than 4 oz white chocolate bar, chopped into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and matcha powder.
3. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
4. Beat in egg yolk, egg white, and vanilla extract to butter-sugar mixture till combined.
5. Stir in dry ingredients till just combined. Stir in white chocolate.
6. Scoop up tablespoons of cookie dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350°F for about 8 minutes.
1. Use a cookie scoop to get uniformly sized round cookies (level off cookie dough from the scoop). I used Oxo Good Grip Medium Cookie Scoop and the cookies turned out about 3 inches.
2. The dough can be store in the fridge for 5 days. But it should be brought back to room temperature before baking.
|scooped cookie dough|